May karapatan ba ang public school teachers kung kailangan silang mag-overtime sa trabaho?
In general- ang government employees ay kailangang mag-render ng 40 hours of work, 5 days per week, o 8 hours of work per day.
Sa Section 13 naman ng Magna Carta for Public School Teachers o Republic Act No. 4670, nakasaad:
“Teaching Hours. — Any teacher engaged in actual classroom instruction shall not be required to render more than six hours of actual classroom teaching a day, which shall be so scheduled as to give him time for the preparation and correction of exercises and other work incidental to his normal teaching duties: Provided, however, That where the exigencies of the service so require, any teacher may be required to render more than six hours but not exceeding eight hours of actual classroom teaching a day upon payment of additional compensation at the same rate as his regular remuneration plus at least twenty-five per cent of his basic pay.Section 13 of RA 4670
Bilang pagkaklaro, inilabas ang DepEd Memorandum No. 291, Series of 2008.
Dito –nilinaw na ang trabaho ng public school teachers, dapat limitado sa 8 hours per day gaya ng ibang government employees. Ang breakdown:
6 hours ng actual classroom teaching; at
2 hours ng teaching-related activities and duties
Ibig sabihin- ang teachling load ng bawat public school teacher- dapat anim na oras lang kada araw. At ang natitirang dalwang oras, nakalaan para sa:
- a. preparation of lessons plans, action/work plans, instructional materials, evaluation/assessment tools/rubrics;
- b. preparation and checking of exercises; recording of academic performance results and classroom accomplishments;
- c. conduct of research;
- d. attendance to seminars, workshops and similar programs;
- e. counseling, mentoring, coaching of students including home visits;
- f. consultations and conferences with parents;
- g. performance of coordination activities and duly recognized community social services;
- h. participation in the maintenance and improvement of school facilities and equipment;
Ngayon- kung kinakailangan, pwedeng hingin sa inyong mag-render ng higit 6 hours ng classroom teaching o higit 8 hours ngkabuuang trabaho sa isang araw.
PERO- kailangan magbayad ng overtime pay o additional compensation computed at the regular hourly rate +25%.
Macclaim ito para sa overtime for actual teaching o work performed within the school premises. Kung kulang ang pondo- imbis na overtime pay ay dapat bigyan angnag-overtime na teacher gg service credits equivalent to 1.25 hours para sa bawat oras ng overtime.
Siguraduhin lang na kung rinequest sa inyong mag-overtime, may angkop na dokumento o approval ng school head para rito.