Ayon sa 2016 Revised Public Attorney’s Office (PAO) Operations Manual, ang mga sumusunod ang hindi puwedeng tanggapin na requester/kaso ng PAO:
“Article 7. Persons Not Qualified for Legal Assistance. — Public Attorneys and employees are prohibited from assisting the following:
1. Juridical person/s and private/stock corporations; except juridical entities which are non-stock, non-profit organizations, whose individual members will pass the indigency test of the Office. In cases involving land disputes, the PAO can represent said juridical person/s provided they are not the lessor/s thereof;
2. Parties who do not pass the Indigency Tests, unless appointed as counsel de oficio in criminal cases, and only under existing laws, rules and regulations, or pursuant to the 2nd paragraph of Article 1, Chapter II, hereof;
3. Qualified parties represented by de parte counsels, unless said counsels had withdrawn their services;
4. Landlords or lessors of residential and commercial lands and/or buildings, with respect to the filing of collection or unlawful detainer suits against their tenants or lessees; and,
5. Political candidates and parties in all election related matters.
Article 8. Cases Not to be Handled. — Public Attorneys shall not extend legal assistance in the following cases:
A. Where they would be representing conflicting interests;
B. Cases involving violations of Batas Pambansa No. 22 (B.P. 22), otherwise known as the “Anti-Bouncing Checks Law,” unless the Public Attorney is appointed by the court as counsel de oficio, subject to Paragraph 4, Article 4, Chapter II of this Manual.
C. Prosecution of Criminal Cases, except in the following instances where there exists no conflict of interest and the accused is not a client of the Public Attorney’s Office in the subject case, to wit:
1. When the Public Attorney’s Office assisted the offended party/complainant during the preliminary investigation stage in the Prosecutor’s Office, on first-come-first-served basis, and the case is on appeal or certioraribefore the courts;
2. When there is a directive from the Secretary of Justice or other government authorities to assist the Prosecutor(s) assigned to prosecute the criminal case in court; and
3. Complaints for BP 22 cases arising from an existing case for money claims being handled by the PAO where check payment was made but bounced or insufficient to satisfy the money claim.
D. Adoption cases, except in instances where the adopter is the biological parent or the step-parent of the adoptee, subject to the indigency test.”
Ibig sabihin, sa pangkalahatan ay hindi ito pinagbabawalan na kumuha ng annulment cases. Gayunman, depende pa rin poi to sa inyong sitwasyon.
Para sa gabay tungkol dito, maaaring sumangguni sa PAO sa numerong (02) 8929-9436; (02) 84262075; (02) 84262801; (02) 84262450; (02) 84262987; (02) 84262683 (gamitin ang Local 106/107). Maaari ring magpadala ng email sa firstname.lastname@example.org. Kung nais niyong i-contact ang lokal na PAO office sa inyong lokasyon, makikita ang mga numero sa link na ito: https://pao.gov.ph/page.php?id=22.