Alam niyo bang may karapatan ang bawat Pilipinong humingi ng impormasyon tungkol sa pamamalakad ng gobyerno?
Mandato ito sa mismong Bill of Rights ng 1987 Constitution.
“The right of the people to information on matters of public concern shall be recognized. Access to official records, and to documents, and papers pertaining to official acts, transactions, or decisions, as well as to government research data used as basis for policy development, shall be afforded the citizen, subject to such limitations as may be provided by law.”
Ito ay pagkilala sa importansya ng malayang daloy ng datos at ideya, sa isang tunay na demokrasya.
Napakahalaga ng partisipasyon natin sa pamamahala- at mas makabuluhan ito kung may kaalaman tayo sa ginagawa ng mga opisyales, at ang basehan nito.
Para i-exercise ang inyong right to information sa ehekutibo, pumunta lang sa Freedom of Information Portal sa https://www.foi.gov.ph.
Hanapin ang ahensyang gusto niyong hingan ng impormasyon. I-click ang “Make a Request,” at ilagay ang detalye na gustong hingin.
Kung sakop nila ang datos, dapat nilang ibigay ang:
- a) Information;
- b) official records;
- c) public records;
- d) documents pertaining to official acts, transactions or decisions; and
- e) government research data used as basis for policy development
Ang exceptions lang ay kung ang pagbigay ng datos makakapinsala sa gobyerno o talagang confidential:
- a) Information covered by Executive privilege;
- b) Privileged information relating to national security, defense or international relations;
- c) Information concerning law enforcement and protection of public and personal safety;
- d) Information deemed confidential for the protection of the privacy of persons and certain individuals such as minors, victims of crimes, or the accused;
- e) Information, documents or records known by reason of official capacity and are deemed as confidential, including those submitted or disclosed by entities to government agencies, tribunals, boards, or officers, in relation to the performance of their functions, or to inquiries or investigation conducted by them in the exercise of their administrative, regulatory or quasi-judicial powers;
- f) Prejudicial premature disclosure;
- g) Records of proceedings or information from proceedings which, pursuant to law or relevant rules and regulations, are treated as confidential or privileged;
- h) Matters considered confidential under banking and finance laws, and their amendatory laws; and
- i) Other exceptions to the right to information under laws, jurisprudence, rules and regulations.
PERO- may presumption in favor of the right to access information – at hindi dapat i-deny ang inyong request, maliban kung klarong kabilang sa ezxceptions.
Ang pribilehyiong manilbihan sa pamahalaan ay base sa tiwala ng publiko. At may kapangyarihan kang alamin kung ginagampanan ba nila ang tungkuling ito.
May karapatan ka sa impormasyon- at paraaan itong i-exercise ang right na ito.