Paano kung ‘di mo gusto ang pangalang binigay sayo ng magulang mo?
Puwede ‘yang papalitan nang ‘di kinakailangang dumaan sa korte!
Sa RA 9048, as amended by RA 10172, available ang administratibong proseso para sa Change of First Name sa sumusunod sa sitwasyon:
- The petitioner finds the first name or nickname to be ridiculous, tainted with dishonor or extremely difficult to write or pronounce;
- The new first name or nickname has been habitually and continuously used by the petitioner and he has been publicly known by that first name or nickname in the community; or
- The change will avoid confusion.
Para magawa ito, kailangan lang mag-file ng verified petition sa local civil registry office ng city o municipality kung saan registered ang birth birth certificate.
Ang general requirements para rito ay:
- A certified true machine copy of the certificate or of the page of the registry book containing the entry or entries sought to be corrected or changed.
- At least two (2) public or private documents showing the correct entry or entries upon which the correction or change shall be based; and
- Other documents which the petitioner or the city or municipal civil registrar or the consul general may consider relevant and necessary for the approval of the petition;
- Publication of petition at least once a week for two (2) consecutive weeks in a newspaper of general circulation;
- Certification from the appropriate law enforcement agencies that he has no pending case or no criminal record.
Para magabayan sa proseso, puwedeng lumapit sa local civil registry office kung saan nakarehistro ang birth certificate, sa directory na ito: https://psa.gov.ph/lcr-directory.